2020-2021 Internship Opportunities
The OSU Wesley Foundation has a few summer and several academic year internship opportunities available to undergraduate and graduate students at Oklahoma State University and Northern Oklahoma College. Interns assist the ministry staff in executing the Wesley’s programs, events, and administrative components, with special attention given to community engagement, leadership development, and spiritual growth. We put an emphasis on hiring talented people and fitting our needs around your talents, so whether you are a people person, detail-oriented, or a behind the scenes support type, we’ve got room for everyone. All interns are paid via stipends that range from $1200-$2000 per semester for an estimated 8-12 hour work week.
Internship responsibilities cover a wide range of tasks:
- Student engagement & hospitality (Welcoming students, tabling, guest follow up, etc.)
- Worship band leader (Weekly song choices, lead band practice, etc.)
- Administrative work (data entry, responding to emails, etc.)
- Set up (table & chair set up for events, etc.)
- Women’s Ministry (women’s small group & worship opportunities, Women’s Conference planning, etc.)
- Communication (graphic design: social media posts, flyers, slides, Wesley website upkeep, etc.)
To apply for one or more of the opportunities below, send the following in an email to Brian Harrison, Business Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than April 1, 2020:
- In the body of your email, tell us a little about yourself and your skill set – who are you, and what are you good at? Give us some examples of when you’ve used these skills in the past. Then let us know what you are hoping to gain from us if you are selected – why us and why now.
- Attach your resume, including:
- Major and year in school
- Past and current work experience
- Undergraduate and/or graduate extracurricular experience
- Volunteer and/or church leadership experience
- References: Name, email, and cell phone number for two people who can attest to your dependability and work habits. References may not be peers, siblings, or parents.
- Copy of class schedule if already set